1. To tell the history of the Internal Combustion Engine in a way that conveys the wonder of their development; the uses they were put to and the hours of skilled craftsmanship that went into their making.
We will strive to do this by:
- Rescuing, restoring and preserving a collection showing the major developments and marques
- Where practical, to have exhibits running allowing a heartbeat and throb of these industrial giantsto tell their own story of these engineering giants to tell their own story of engineering heritage, character and graft.
- Capturing the rich histories of the great inventors and manufacturers - especially those from the North West, an area that reverberates with a wealth of industrial echoes.
- Explaining the impact these engines have had across the world from the slower pace of a bygone era to predictions for the future.
- Becoming a Cantre of Excellence within the museums' Specialist Subject Network
2. To be a focal point that tells the social and industrial history of Poynton. As we are built on the old Anson Colliery site, there will be a particular emphasis on the local coal mining industry.
- Work with the local community and historical society to rescue and display Poynton's history.
- Capture the photographs and memories that make the history come alive across the years.
- Provide changing displays illustrating different aspects of the story.
In working towards this we will:
3. To continue developing as a recognized tourist attraction, improving the facilities and amenities we offer visitors to Cheshire.
To this end we will:
- Continue to adopt best practice & standards, testing our efforts against local and national award criteria
- Network and work with other museums, local and national tourism bodies to share ideas and resources.
- Encourage and use customer feedback